Injury from Products
Each year in the United States, a wide variety of defective products are purchased by consumers and then go on to cause serious bodily injury and, in some cases, fatalities. Even products that seem relatively harmless, such as baby or children's toys, are often responsible for product-related injuries.
In addition, vehicles of all kinds, prescription medications, food items, household appliances, tools, medical devices, heating and cooling systems, and many other commonly owned products frequently cause harm to the average consumer. However, the sellers, distributors, and manufacturers of these defective products can legally be held accountable for their negligence. Consumers who have suffered financial or bodily harm are rightfully entitled to compensation for related medical costs, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering, and other related costs. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury from a defective product, contact a top personal injury attorney in San Diego to can best advise your of your legal rights and options.
According to the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission, defective personal use items such as clothing, electronic grooming devices, cigarette lighters, heat lamps and saunas, eyeglasses, and footwear are responsible for approximately 500,000 emergency room visits and 500 total deaths each year. Additional reporting by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission reveals:
- An average of 20 children will die every year as a result of a defective toy
- About 210,000 children will be treated in the emergency room for an injury resulting from a toy
- Approximately 740 people have died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning because of a defective lawn mower, power generator, water pump, welder, all-terrain vehicle (ATV), small engine device, or other exhaust-generating devices
- An average of 42 people are electrocuted each year from faulty household wiring, household appliances, television sets, stereo or speaker systems, hot tubs, power tools, lighting equipment, or other products that utilizes wired electricity
- According to the United States Food and Drug Administration, there are over 2 million serious adverse drug effects reported every year
- Approximately 100,000 fatalities occur every year as a result of serious adverse health effects from prescription and over the counter medications
- Adverse drug reactions are the fourth highest leading cause of death - even ahead of accidents, diabetes, and AIDS
Types of Defective Product Liability in San Diego
When a wronged consumer who has suffered as a result of a defective product attempts to hold a seller, distributor, or manufacturer liable for their injury and/or related damages, there are several varying causes of action that can be used when filing claim. The various types of product liability that can be claimed include:
Negligence may be claimed if the manufacturer of the defective product did not abide by or did not ensure its basic duty of care to public consumers - i.e. creating and manufacturing a reasonably safe product
- Breach of Warranty
Breach of warranty may be claimed if the manufacturer or seller of the defective product did not abide by its basic or included warranty, which then resulted in injury or damage to the consumer
- Other Types of Defective Product Liability Include:
- A defect in a product's original design that caused injury/damage to the consumer, or caused the product to be unreasonably safe for its intended use
- Any defect or inappropriate alteration that occurred during the manufacturing of the product that caused it to become markedly different from its intended design or use, and thus more dangerous or deadly to consumers
- Improper, inaccurate, or inadequate labeling of a product that fails to warn consumers against potential dangers or hazards associated with the product
Types of Damages Resulting from an Injury from a Product in San Diego County
- Compensation for surviving family members
- Funeral expenses
- Related medical bills and associated costs
Related Financial Costs Resulting from Defective Products in San Diego
- Compensation for any long lasting physical or emotional impairment or injury
- Compensation for any resulting bodily disfigurement
- Compensation for related pain and suffering as a result of the faulty/defective product
- Compensation for related medical treatment including hospital bills, physical therapy, associated medical devices, or continued care
Property Damages Which Made Be Awarded if Caused by Defective Products
- Compensation for any lost wages
- Compensation for any decreased earning ability as a result of physical or mental injuries/damage
- Compensation for any associated costs, i.e. a temporary car rental or any alternate housing expenses
- Compensation for any costs incurred that are not covered by insurance providers
- Compensation for any related rises in insurance premiums
- Compensation for home, vehicle, appliance, or other product repairs as a result of the product's defect or subsequent damage caused
- Compensation for any clean up required as a result of the product's defect
- Compensation for any product replacement required
The Next Step
If you have been injured by a defective product in Southern California, contact Mission Legal Center. We are San Diego Personal Injury, Accident, Product Liability and Wrongful Death Attorneys with a proven record of success in helping those who suffer from a serious injury, to receive the necessary medical attention, care and treatment you need, in addition to compensation for future care you may require. Call for a free consultation and case specific guidance: (619) 564-4455
. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or follow us on Facebook.
As a family owned and operated San Diego Personal Injury and Accident Law Firm, Mission Legal Center is conveniently located in Mission Valley - San Diego, California.
Q: ¿Qué es un producto defectuoso ?
A: Un producto defectuoso puede ser algo tan aparentemente inofensivo como un bebé o un juguete de niño , o puede incluir vehículos de todo tipo , los medicamentos de venta con receta , alimentos , electrodomésticos, herramientas , dispositivos médicos, sistemas de calefacción y refrigeración, y muchos otros productos de propiedad común con frecuencia causar daño al consumidor promedio. ¿Qué productos defectuosos todos tienen en común es que causan daños físicos o incluso la muerte a un consumidor que ha comprado o utilizado el producto creyendo que es seguro.
Q: ¿Quién es responsable si estoy lesionado por un producto defectuoso en San Diego ?
Los vendedores, distribuidores y fabricantes de estos productos defectuosos pueden ser legalmente responsables por su negligencia, incumplimiento de garantía, defecto de diseño , etiquetado incorrecto y mucho más . Para leer más acerca de las lesiones sufridas como resultado de un producto defectuoso en el Condado de San Diego, haga clic aquí
Si usted ha sido herido como resultado de un producto defectuoso , póngase en contacto con la Misión Legal Center , un San Diego , lesiones corporales a base CA y bufete de abogados del demandante injusta muerte. Llame para una consulta gratis, y caso orientación específica: (619) 564-4455. También es posible que un correo electrónico a email@example.com